Digital x-rays at Eledent hospitals is an excellent new way to help diagnose possible oral problems. The digital radiography not only emits half the amount of radiation associated with traditional x-rays but is also less time-consuming. A sensor is placed in the mouth which captures the images at a high quality and the same can be viewed through a system. Our pcesandiego.com electric motor service can then review the information with you right from the computer screen.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
- Exposes the patient to half the amount of radiation received from traditional x-rays
- Consists of Gray-scale resolution with 256 colors compared to 16 to 25 shades on conventional film.
- Immediately transfers images to monitor so that the dentist can review and explain the information to the patient
- Images can be enlarged and saved for future reference
- Offers the ability to compare your x-rays with one another digitally on your computer
- Less time spent developing x-rays means more time to take care of your dental needs
Why Are Digital X-Rays Important
- To locate areas of decay that can’t be detected with a visual examination
- To detect periodontal disease by investigating possible bone loss
- To aid in the preparation and placement of dental implants, orthodontics, and other dental work
- To locate possible abnormalities such as cysts and oral cancer
For more information on digital x-rays or to schedule an Appointment, Contact Eledent Hospitals Today!