Dental bridges are false teeth fused with two porcelain crowns that are placed on each side of the empty space. Unlike traditional dentures, bridges cannot be removed.
The Dental Bridge Procedure:
- First, you are given a local anesthetic to eliminate any pain. The teeth on either side of the missing space are then decreased in mass to prepare for crown fitting.
- An impression of your teeth is administered, so that your dental bridge can be accurately molded to fit perfectly.
- You are fitted with a temporary bridge to protect your gums and teeth while the customary one is being crafted.
- In your next appointment, the temporary bridge is removed and your customary bridge is applied. Once it’s correctly fitted, it is cemented in place.
Advantages of Dental Bridges
- Offer a natural, healthy appearance
- Can be applied in only two office visits
- Are fixed and secure, with no sliding or moving
- Help regain natural speaking and chewing ability
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
- Colored to perfectly match the shade of your other teeth
If you’re feeling self-conscious about your missing teeth, worry no more. Eledent hospitals can help you regain your lost smile today! Call our office to see if you’re a candidate for dental bridges.